Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 11 of 21

Re: False Negative/ vb script not being detected

Jump to solution

@Sudharsanam_G1 please find the reason as to why I did not get reply from avertlabs. Also how can I provide my sample for it to be added to McAfee's database. I had to format my PC. But I want to submit that sample and get it marked for detection by McAfee.

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Jump to solution

@CraigSchmugar please look into this post and the previous screenshots. It even has virustotal screenshots of the vb script. Kindly add it to McAfee's database or under its signatures. If a single file is not added to virus database then whats the point of virus protection pledge or 100% viruses removed promise. Kindly look into the matter and all my previous screenshots attached in this post.

Regards,

The_Eagle_007

Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 21

Jump to solution

I suggested posting the email  it is easier on cut and paste from text than manually type from a picture. Helps the mod passing this on. Yes sorry missed the details but posting  better. Hope you get satisfaction.

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Jump to solution

I have provided all the details which I have. SHA 256 of the file for vt analysis-

5fd291193f2735fb5f3dcece48f542f897d56532b153b174455db19d183ea6a4

There is nothing more that I can add from my end. I hope it gets added.

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Jump to solution

@CraigSchmugar please look into this post.

Regards,

The_Eagle_007

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 21

Jump to solution

@sivasubramanian kindly look into this post and all the screenshots and information. Please address to this post as this post needs a resolution to the issue.

Venkat_YM
Message 17 of 21

Jump to solution

Hi @The_Eagle_007 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We will have this checked with the concern team and keep you updated.

Regards,
Venkat

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 21

Jump to solution

I appreciate your reply to my post @Venkat_YM . Please send me a message in inbox so that I can provide you the email address (which is not my primary McAfee email) which was used for sending the sample to avertlabs by email.

Also I did'nt received any confirmation on my email that the sample is submitted for analysis. Few months back when a user sends a sample to avertlabs an Analysis ID was displayed for the tracking of the sample which was submitted. However in this case I have not received any Analysis ID even I had submitted for more than once.

So kindly send me a message to my inbox so that I can share the other email ID which was used for providing sample.

Venkat_YM
Message 19 of 21

Jump to solution

Hi @The_Eagle_007 ,

Greetings from McAfee.

We would like to inform you that the issue has been taken care. Requesting you to check and do let us know the outcome.

Regards,
Venkat

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Jump to solution

Yes the issue has been addressed and now that threat is getting detected by McAfee. Please forward a suggestion @Venkat_YM to the concerned teams to introduce a submission portal for user convinience. Also I still don't know why I did'nt get the results from McAfee labs after multiple submission via email submission method. But I am glad that the issue is addressed.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community