cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IRogers
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

Failed Reinstall

Recently I renewed my Virus Scan subscription after some credit card mishaps, but instead of going into my account as a renewal it went in as a separate subscription. When my old subscription expired, I downloaded a new install file.

The problem is that when I try to run the new install file, the Installer starts, displays a message that its checking my settings, then the window goes blank and starts making a strange clicking noise indefinitely. I tried uninstalling my old version of Virus Scan to see if this was part of the problem, and the same thing is still happening. Now the only McAfee file remaining on my computer is in Program Files/McAfee/Supportability/MTV/mtvoffresource.dll, and I am not sure why it wasn't removed with the rest.

I am running Windows Vista on a fairly new computer, and my old version of VirusScan was only on for about three months before it expired.

Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community