cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phil2
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

FALSE POSITIVE DETECTION

I have a problem with an executable being flagged as malware.

I've already sent several emails to whitelist this file, but the file is still detected by McAfee, McAfee-GW-Edition and Virustotal.

Analysis ID: 11087622 Dec 29, 2021
Analysis ID: 11087153 Dec 22, 2021
Analysis ID: 11086886 Dec 18, 2021

This is the link to virustotal:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/2990b936a85ccabe4a570f8230e98835b8d08c19282748b61541d2e668d109a6

It is flagged as RDN/Generic.grp.

I have tried to whitelist the file on a number of occasions but with no success so can I ask for your help.

If you need more information, please contact me.

Thank you.

Phil

6 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 7

Re: FALSE POSITIVE DETECTION

Hi @Phil2 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused, we kindly suggest you to follow the below support article by accessing the article link,

How to submit false positives to McAfee

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 7

@Phil2 

I gather you have already done that the mod suggested as you have analysis id numbers. If it has been over 3 days and no answer this needs to be escalated to a separate group with Mcafee .Really the mod needs to do this.

Phil2
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

@krishna55 , @Peacekeeper 

Thanks for your replies.

When I submitted the samples I followed the instructions at the link - the subject contained the word FALSE, the sample is less than 50MB in size, it was zipped and encrypted with the appropriate password, i provided details of the issue and it was sent to the correct email address.

I'm not sure what else I can do to get this whitelisted.

Can you please help to get this resolved?

Thanks in advance

Phil2

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 7

Try adding NOAUTO to the subject line. That goes directly to a researcher.

Phil2
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

@Peacekeeper 

I had previously tried that but with no success. I have since received a private message from a mod and responded to that. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Thank you for your help.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

Best they handle it though I still have access to another path from my volunteer mod days. Hope he can help you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community