cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_otw
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Downloader-BCS

My weekly McAfee virus scan picked up and quarantined Downloader-BCS.

According to the McAfee virus profile, Downloader-BCS “is a java applet trojan intended to silently download and execute malicious content from a remote server. “

How do I know that this trojan did not download and install some malicious software?

Thanks,

Jim

3 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Downloader-BCS

If the software told you it was quaratined then you should be fine. Is your computer acting strangely to where you feel something might have slipped by?

This document from mcafee can assist you in troubleshooting any potential issues.

I have seen this one before as it had happened to me but my system is ok and I have had no issues whatsoever.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

This trojan attempts to download other files but McAfee knows the names by which they are saved and should detect these too. If your scan was only a Quick Scan you should follow up with a Full Scan to be sure that any other files it has downloaded are removed.

james_otw
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for your help Tom and Hayton.

To answer our question Tom, my computer has not been acting strangely in a way that I feel something might have slipped by.

I run a full scan every Friday.

After the file was quarantined, I went into Safe Mode and ran another full scan that can up clean.

Regards,

Jim

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community