cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reallyticked
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Download hangs up

I had a problem with my real time scan in my VS plus. The tech advised me to do a total uninstall. I did, also ran the MCPR2 tool. I then went to "my account" and tried to download from the website. It gets as far as "downloading compatibility checker" then it hangs up. I thought it might just be a long file, after 6 hours it was still in the same position. I gave up after a couple more tries.

I tried again this morning and the same thing. Anybody else had this problem??
2 Replies
wallnut
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Same Problem

Hangs up on the "Downloading Compatibility Checker...." I am running Window xp sp2 and my ISP is Netzero last year Mcafee had trouble with netzero but eventually fixed it. What ISP are you using and is it High speed or dial up. No error codes just will not advance, Network connection show up to 40 MB being downloaded but not progress on the status bar. I having been using this soft ware for 4 years many because their isn't to many other choices.

Any answer would be appreicated.
reallyticked
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

RE: Same Problem

Wallnut
I use Netzero too. I have the 3G high-speed and yes high speed is on. I am also running Vista, I bought a new computer and it came loaded with Vista instead of XP. I liked a lot of XP's features better.

I finally got it, I just kept at it until it loaded properly. The problem is with the download manager. If you download that a couple of times you will see the difference. Don't download it to your desk top, open it and run it as soon as it finishes downloading. I kept downloading it to my desk top and launched it from there, once I just opened it and ran it, it finally downloaded the program.
It's kind of a pain in the ass to have to pay for the hard copy only to have to go to the website and download it from there. Once you get it downloaded again though it should have all the currant updates and run OK. The only time I ran into a problem with last years version was when I didn't connect to the Internet for a few days. It would lock up the real time scan and you couldn't budge it, the only option was to download it from the website.
Hope this helps.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community