Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vchimpanzee
Contributor II
Message 1 of 4

Doesn't tell me how many files

Jump to solution

Sometimes after clicking on "Full scan" I have ended up with a partial scan. I know this from the number of files. Now it doesn't tell me how many files. If It is 60 percent completed a number of files displays. Most nights after I am through with the computer I tell McAfee to do a full scan. When i got to bed it is only 60 percent complete. So I have to leave it on. I was once able to pause the scan and restart it later. Now I can't.  It appears I have to just leave the computer on all night or it won't finish. Last night I was lucky and the scan completed. But how do I know it was the full scan? I have no way to tell.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Doesn't tell me how many files

Jump to solution

Hi @vchimpanzee,

We are truly sorry about the situation.

You can follow the below instructions to check on the type of scan that was executed on your device.

Go to settings -> Security history

Change the Show option from everything to scans run for the preferred days to get the details.

Thanks,
Avinash.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @vchimpanzee,

We are truly sorry about the situation.

You can follow the below instructions to check on the type of scan that was executed on your device.

Go to settings -> Security history

Change the Show option from everything to scans run for the preferred days to get the details.

Thanks,
Avinash.

vchimpanzee
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you. That solves that problem. Maybe the scan is going faster now. It should be because I don't try to do it when using the computer as it slows everything down.

I still need a pause option if it goes back to doing it slowly.

AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will pass it on to our Development team.

Thank you for choosing McAfee.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community