Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markiebeau
Contributor III
Message 1 of 6

Dec. 25 DAT update.

Jump to solution

I noticed there is no DAT update for Dec. 25th. (today).

Is our computer's security on vacation as well?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinoo
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Re: Dec. 25 DAT update.

Jump to solution

This notification was sent out earlier in the week via McAfee SNS service to subscribers.

• Early Releases
    On December 24th and 31st, the DAT files will be released earlier than normal.  The target release time is 14:00 GMT, which is 2 hours earlier than our normal target release schedule.
  • No Releases
    On December 25th and January 1st, there will be no scheduled DAT releases.
  • Beta DAT and Extra.DAT availability
    The Beta DAT files will be automatically produced on all days (December 24th, 25th, 31st, and January 1st), and  Extra.DAT files will be provided for customer submissions.
  • Emergency Releases
    McAfee Labs will provide an emergency DAT release if a malware emergency occurs during this time and an emergency release is required to resolve the issue.

McAfee Support Notification Service (SNS) provides valuable information to help you maximize the functionality and protection capabilities of your McAfee products.
To manage your SNS email preferences, please go to the SNS Subscription Center at http://my.mcafee.com/content/SNS_Subscription_Center

View solution in original post

5 Replies
hrock
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

I have noticed that too i thought something was wrong with my antivirus am glad am not the only one that noticed it i even manually check and still nothing

vinoo
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

This notification was sent out earlier in the week via McAfee SNS service to subscribers.

• Early Releases
    On December 24th and 31st, the DAT files will be released earlier than normal.  The target release time is 14:00 GMT, which is 2 hours earlier than our normal target release schedule.
  • No Releases
    On December 25th and January 1st, there will be no scheduled DAT releases.
  • Beta DAT and Extra.DAT availability
    The Beta DAT files will be automatically produced on all days (December 24th, 25th, 31st, and January 1st), and  Extra.DAT files will be provided for customer submissions.
  • Emergency Releases
    McAfee Labs will provide an emergency DAT release if a malware emergency occurs during this time and an emergency release is required to resolve the issue.

McAfee Support Notification Service (SNS) provides valuable information to help you maximize the functionality and protection capabilities of your McAfee products.
To manage your SNS email preferences, please go to the SNS Subscription Center at http://my.mcafee.com/content/SNS_Subscription_Center

markiebeau
Contributor III
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

OK thanx. Never got the notice. Went to sign up, but it looks like it's for a business.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

That info/newsletter is for business customers but the DAT taking a holiday would apply to both Enterprise and Consumer products.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/12/10 7:38:45 EST AM
markiebeau
Contributor III
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Yeah sorry about that...the holiday bit and all. I get a bit concerned when things seem amiss with my computer's protection.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community