Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gorf
Former Member
Message 11 of 46

Re: DAT update problem?

Jump to solution

Now that I see there are many folks having the same problem, I think I will wait to see what happens.

Either that, or try the solution suggested by Ex_Brit back in Mar 2009, which is to 1) reboot in safe mode, 2) manually delete the DAT file from the DAT folder (not delete the folder itself), 3) reboot, 4) update.

not much point to that is there, as no updated DAT is available. Similar problems have occured before usually corrected by the release of the next DAT.

user_6
Former Member
Message 12 of 46

Jump to solution

Hello

exactly the same problem here in France.. On my 2 computers with McAffe Virus Scan 13.15.113, I am blocked on DAT 5854. Impossible to update: the downloading seems OK and then the installation begins but stops after a few seconds and I have not the grey pop-up announcing the update.

And I have decided to wait before doing anything.
Regards,

Jérôme

Windows Vista home Premium SP2 /and Windows 7 updated. McAfee security Suite: Security center 9.15.160

Ce message a été modifié par: jerome.lichne on 09/01/10 04:00:36 CST

Ce message a été modifié par: jerome.lichne on 09/01/10 04:01:33 CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 46

Jump to solution

I suggest you stop panicking as obviously there is something wrong with the 5855 DAT release, so just as well we all aren't getting it.   It's happened many times before and this wont be the last time.

I'll see if I can get an answer internally but it's a weekend so I doubt it.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/01/10 7:57:53 EST AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 46

Jump to solution

5856 just came in automatically here.

gsingh
Former Member
Message 15 of 46

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using Mcafee virus scan plus - my dat version currently is 5851.0000 and the updater can find update - but it can only download it and it starts installing and exits. Even after many tries this problem remains. I think other people of this post had this problem with only 5855 dat and it got corrected in 5856 - but it is not yet happening my case. Anybody else facing this problems. Any suggestions would be nice.

Regards,

Gurmeet.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 46

Jump to solution

gsingh wrote:

Hi,

I am using Mcafee virus scan plus - my dat version currently is 5851.0000 and the updater can find update - but it can only download it and it starts installing and exits. Even after many tries this problem remains. I think other people of this post had this problem with only 5855 dat and it got corrected in 5856 - but it is not yet happening my case. Anybody else facing this problems. Any suggestions would be nice.

Regards,

Gurmeet.

According to this post in an other thread the issue should be sorted out by the engineers within the next 6 hours or so.

user_6
Former Member
Message 17 of 46

Jump to solution

Hello,

the problem remains here: always 5854.

I saw the red ring of update turning automatically but nothing more. And the same manually...

Let' wait...

Regards,

Jérôme.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 46

Jump to solution

It will happen eventually.

MaineNightOwl
Contributor
Message 19 of 46

Jump to solution

i need to apologize to you all for my last posting; seems i hit the style ,paragraph button prior to writing my posting and it appears like i used all caps. i apologize for my error in doing that; i hadn't had my 2nd cup of coffee; good excuse, blame it on the coffee lol

anyhow; i stepped out for a while here in portland,maine usa to go upgrade my cell phone to a free camera phone again to which now i'm going to have fun tonite reading directions and trying to figure out all the buttons, gadgets on it. when i returned home i checked my mcafee security center suite to see if the Dat had updated and still 'No" update. i tried to manually update the daily virus definitions and its still doing the same exact thing as before, starting, finding update, attempts to install and  then quitting and not updating same as many of you are still experiencing . i'm as frustrated as all of you are. the mcafee tier 2 technician last night has scheduled for me to receive a phone call at 6:00 pm EST my time. i'll post another update after i speak with mcafee when they call me and let you know what i find out.

i uploaded my personal photo onto mcafee website yesterday but its not showing up in the photo/ avartar thingy but when i click on my profile on mcafee's page it shows up perfectly. can anyone tell me how i can get my photo to apear in the forums in the small photo display box ?

MaineNightOwl
Contributor
Message 20 of 46

Jump to solution

hello everyone again from portland,maine usa . i just received a phone call from mcafee and  the woman CSR  could hardly speak english so it was very difficult understanding what the person was saying. they asked me if the Dat updating problem was resolved on my end and the answer is "NO" . she told me there's nothing mcafee can do for me tonite at all and that a level 3 tecn now will give me a call tomorrow evening. in the meantime my frustration and anger is starting to esculate. i'm not liking this situation much like snowman i start to panic a little bit myself. if anyone has any comforting words of wisdom at this point for me i'm open to hearing some believe me. going back to my coffee now

Ralph

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community