cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 81 of 96

Re: DAT 5862 -> DAT 5860 -> back to DAT 5862?

Jump to solution

Ah, I understand.  Thanks.

BigJ
Former Member
Message 82 of 96

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit wrote:

You may be in the stage of the cycle I was in.  Thanks to my ultra high speed connection I've managed to reach the end of it and things seem stable now.

I'll post as soon as I get any kind of news.

Peter I have had my automatic update off since early Sunday afternoon when got dat 5864. I just manually checked for the first time since then and it says I am up to date here in Ohio. Hopefully it is now fixed on the servers for Ohio. I am going to turn automatic updates back on now.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 83 of 96

Jump to solution

Good luck BigJ.

BigJ
Former Member
Message 84 of 96

Jump to solution

Peter at 12:30pm a few minutes ago here in Ohio I received 5865 dat on my other computer which I left turned off because of this dat issue and now manually updated this computer to dat 5865. Hope this is fixed for good and don't have to go through this mess every weekend.

Jerry

MoxieMomma
Former Member
Message 85 of 96

Jump to solution

Same here.

After seeing Jerry's post, I manually updated and received 5865.

This is the 1st time in >48 hours an update from a current DAT did NOT take me back to 5860, requiring a second update to the "real" new DAT.

So, perhaps it is resolved for the moment.

I will reserve judgment and keep the champagne on ice for now, since I'm not optimistic.

Thanks for the update, Jerry, and thanks for the ongoing support and advice, Peter.

MM

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 86 of 96

Jump to solution

I hope that's it.....!

MaineNightOwl
Contributor
Message 87 of 96

Jump to solution

this is captain Ralph portland,maine usa just checking in with you all. i turned my AU back on this afternoon. 2:30 pm i received the new virus definition version 5865.0000 so far so good everyone on my end here in maine usa. lets hope this fixes the reverting back problem once and for all. take care

user_6
Former Member
Message 88 of 96

Jump to solution

Hello,

here I had dat 5865 by automatical update.

All seems OK.

Regards,

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 89 of 96

Jump to solution

We have been assured that this will not happen again, however, missing updates may still occur from time to time when a DAT is pulled at the last minute.

MoxieMomma
Former Member
Message 90 of 96

Jump to solution

I sure hope so!

Haven't been prompted to update since 5865 installed earlier today, so at least 5860 seems to be gone - finally.

Thanks, Peter, for helping us and for getting this to the attention of McAfee folks.

Sure do appreciate it!

MM

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community