cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwb1
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Compatibility

Since I have had VSC+ 13, I have had DAT file updating problems, that I could only resolve with the help of the McAfee tech guys, and it meant that I had to uninstall both Ad Aware and Superantispyware, as well as Zone Alarm Pro from my computer. Now both these and the anti spyware part of VSC+ all pick up different things, and now I am down to just one. Does anyone know any that are compatible with VSC+ and will not cause any problems, please.
Tags (1)
2 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

RE: Compatibility

Hi,

If you have multiple security programs installed in the computer that would definitely cause malfunctioning to your computer.

So it’s better to run your computer with one security software. Moreover, programs like SUPER Anti-Spyware are not a legitimate one so it’s better to uninstall them from the computer.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

RE: Compatibility

Sorry to disagree, ZoneAlarm Pro would definitely interfere as it has active spyware protection but SuperAntispyware is legitimate and we/I use it all the time. But only the free versions. When you get into the paid versions then active protection comes into play and you will have issues.

We recommend the ones here: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=136913
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community