cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmac
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Chrome horribly slow after installing AntiVirus Plus

The last item on my to-do list today was to finally purchase a McAfee subscription for my laptop.  I had one a few years ago on a Dell desktop and was perfectly happy with it so figured I'd stick with what I know.  Immediately after installing, I found that internet browsing on Chrome was virtually impossible -- pages took forever to load and frequently timed out.  I searched for a solution, and found a thread on this site.  So I followed the directions and tried  turning off Net Guard.  Nothing.  In the firewall settings, Chrome is listed as having full access so I don't think that's the problem.  Then I found the long work-around solution that involved checking (and eventually removing) the certificate for Chrome.  I followed all those directions (with my heart in my throat after reading the warning about deleting certificates), and after restarting Chrome I found that I now had the correct certificate.  Only it still doesn't work.

Internet Explorer works just fine, except that I HATE Explorer.  There's a reason I use Chrome and I really dislike being stuck using a program I've purposely avoided for years.

So what the heck is up?  It really shouldn't be this hard.

Tracey

1 Reply
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 2

Re: Chrome horribly slow after installing AntiVirus Plus

What version of Mcafee 12.1 best/latest. I have not got chrome but  I use ie10 and firefox and both work fine with Mcafee. Chrome sems to sometimes clash a bit. I would suggest calling support and see what they say.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community