Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delacroix
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Cannot open McAfee!!

Hi

I'm having a problem with my McAfee 2012. as I tried to open it probably an hour ago, McAfee is not responding. I mean I click it wait for it to show the APP but it did not. I tried to open it for several times, restart my laptop for several times also just in case and still nothing is happening.

I tried to scan some files just to make sure that it's still there and it did but when I tried to View the Details of the scan it just fade away without showing the details.

I aslo noticed that it changes its APPEARENCE.

McAfee 2012 change and cannot open application.png

Hope you can help me.

Thanks A lot!.

9 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: Cannot open McAfee!!

What happens when you click Close?   You can always view the results later in SecurityCenter.

delacroix
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

it closes immediately,

But when I click the McAfee antivirus Icon it wont open I don't know why, I remember the first time it happen after it updated itself to that Intel update and thats also the last time it updated itself. I tried to check for updates but nothng is happening after I click it

Thank you

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 10

Do you know the name of the McAfee bundle you have installed and where was it obtained from?   Also is this system totally up to date, including Internet Explorer, even if you don't use it?

delacroix
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

I don't actually know, when my dad bought it, McAfee was pre-installed I remember it was Version 2012

about my internet explorer it up to date version IE10

Intenet Explorer 10.JPG

my antivirus I don't know it been a while seens its last automatic update.  I check for updates but nothing  happen

Intenet Explorer 10.JPG

delacroix
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

when I click the Check for updates it closes immediately

Screenshot (15).jpg

but when I tried to scan something I did I just can't open it

Screenshot (17).jpg

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 10

Your account should tell you what it is by name.  See in that last picture:  "View My Account", click that.

I was just a little reluctant to suggest tools in case you had an Enterprise product installed but you could go ahead and try the Virtual Technician.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/ - run it and see if it finds and fixes any problems.

Attach the log to your response.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/10/13 7:59:04 EDT PM
delacroix
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

I tried it but nothing happen it did not redirect me to the account

thank you I'll post the log later

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 10

There is the last suggestion I was going to wait to offer, but I'm going offline soon so here it is.

The last resort, if MVT doesn't fix it, would be to uninstall everything via Control Panel > Programs, then run the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot and then re-install from your online account.

(You may need to ask your father about that if you don't know which email and password to use).

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

I see you've started a new thread and someone from McAfee is answering so will lock this one.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/306084#306084

When you respond to that thread give the URL just given as reference to your old thread and post that log if you wish.

This thread continued at https://community.mcafee.com/thread/59968

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/10/13 6:59:25 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community