Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delacroix
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Cannot open McAfee!!

Hi

I'm having a problem with my McAfee 2012. as I tried to open it probably an hour ago, McAfee is not responding. I mean I click it wait for it to show the APP but it did not. I tried to open it for several times, restart my laptop for several times also just in case and still nothing is happening.

I tried to scan some files just to make sure that it's still there and it did but when I tried to View the Details of the scan it just fade away without showing the details.

I aslo noticed that it changes its APPEARENCE.

McAfee 2012 change and cannot open application.png

Hope you can help me.

Thanks A lot!.

4 Replies
chumde7
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot open McAfee!!

Could you please try running the "Virttual Technician" to check if there are any McAfee software corruption issue. :  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

#delacroix:  please follow chumde7's suggestion and respond in this thread instead of messaging me, thanks.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/10/13 2:22:46 EDT PM
delacroix
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Hi I haven't tried McAfee Virtual Technician yet but as of now I think my McAfee Antivirus is back on track..

Lately this morning, it updated itself and install it. I waited it to finish and after few hours I get an Notification from McAfee saying

"Your PCis at Risk." 

Screenshot (165).png

I check the status and fortunately it open without any problem

Screenshot (166).png

Screenshot (167).png

delacroix
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Thank You although I didn't do anything

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community