cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronH
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Cannot Use GoToMyPc

I spent four hours attempting to use gotomypc unsuccessfully. I've enabled the three ports, added the site to the "allow" category, turned off the firewall, and am still not able to access my work computer from home.

I restarted my computer in "Safe Networking" and was then able to use gotomypc.

Any ideas how I can make my firewall give me access to gotomypc?
3 Replies
GlennDCitrix
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: Cannot Use GoToMyPc

Please make sure that none of the follow files are being blocked by your Firewall.

For the Host PC (This is the PC you want to access from someplace else)

Primary Files

g2comm.exe, g2fileh.exe, g2host.exe, g2mainh.exe, g2printh.exe, g2svc.exe, g2tray.exe, gopcsrv.exe

For the Client Computer (This is the computer you use to access the host PC)

Primary Files

g2viewer.exe

Thanks,

Glenn Dobson | QA Manager Global Customer Support
Citrix Online Division
Citrix Systems, Inc.
Twitter: GlennDCitrix
AaronH
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

It looks like I've located the culprit. When checking access, my Firewall says the g2viewer.exe file no longer exists on my computer. Is there a way to reinstall it? I took my laptop to the shop a couple weeks ago and had RAM installed and had them check it out for sluggishness so I wonder if they deleted this file?

Suggestions on getting g2viewer.exe back on my computer? A search on the internet didn't yield any good suggestions or locations to download it.

Thanks,
Aaron
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I guess at this point its no longer a McAfee issue perhaps Glenn might be able to guide you to a Citrix forum or FAQ.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community