cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaineNightOwl
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Automatic Updates - Installation Error

3/18/2015 i experienced this error today for the first time when i clicked the virus update on mcafee livesafe internet security i have on my computer. i received an installation error when it was installing update. i ran the updater again says i have the current update virus update. 2195.0 . did this actually install correctly ?  anybody else havimg this same issue or technical problem -receiving installation error when running automatic virus updater ? is there a technical solution to fixing this problem ? should i contact mcafeee live help ? Any technical feedback would be appreciated reguarding this issue as soon as possible.

1 Reply
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Automatic Updates - Installation Error

Moved to Virus Scan> Discussions By Moderator

2195.0 is the most current Engine Version. I would simply do a restart and let load fully. Then perhaps run the McAfee Virtual Technician, to check for any possible issues. http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html

As long as your Interface says 'Your computer is Secure' you should be OK.

All the best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community