cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghwmd1
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Automated solution tool failed!!! Now what?

First thought it was a windows defender problem when the  defender 'failed to initialize' message came up, but then noticed a host of other major Windows errors, and the defender fixes failed .

I then found out it was the new DAT file.  I couldn't do any of the fixes outlined...couldn't right click on the icon (non-responsive), couldn't start in safe mode ( did try the copy system root command), and even tried the sfc command (no help).  After >20 total hours on hold, inlcuding ~6.5 hours yesterday, was sent an email by the rep linking a file, which of course was the same file mentioned on the website.

Drove to my office last night, put the exe program on a flash drive.   Thought everything would be ok, but this did not write on my home office computer.

Am I forced to try and pull files off my drive and then wipe it clean and reinstall everything?   What a total disaster....I've been a McAfee customer form more than ten years....what do I do next? 

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Automated solution tool failed!!! Now what?

The tool as linked here for Home products only?  http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100969

If it failed I suggest you open a case with Technical Support Chat via Useful Links above.

ghwmd1
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Kind of hard at work to sit at a monitor and wait for the live chat rep to come on...even harder is that the computer affected is at home

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Sorry.  They are open 24/7.  I'll ask around if anyone else has reported the tool failing.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/04/10 2:17:30 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community