cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisadeptula
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Artemis Trojan

I have this Trojan quarantined and I would like to know how I get rid of it. I am not very computer savvy, so please I need EASY help.  Thanks.

1 Reply
jconleype
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Artemis Trojan

I have Mcafee Security Center version 9.15, build 9.15.175 with VirusScan version 13.15, build 13.15.116, Dat version 5900.0000 (created 2/22/10), engine version 5301.4018, and McAfee was able to successfully remove the Artemis trojan from my Lenovo laptop running Vista Business during a scan that started last night and ended this morning.  I do not know what version of VirusScan you have, but if it is possible to upgrade to the same version I have or to try a later dat version, VirusScan may be able to remove this trojan from your pc.  There are many versions of this pesky little monster, so you may have a tougher strain that VirusScan cannot delete.

I assumed that McAfee would not be able to help me rid my machine of this malware, because in the past it could not help with other malware.  Instead, I tried Malwarebytes anti-virus, Avira, something from pcDoctor, and several other free virus scan applications, and the only one that was able to remove this pest was McAfee.  Finally, I came back to McAfee and was very pleasantly surprised.  Great job, McAfee!

Hope this helps.

Jaime, PE to be

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community