Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron65
Former Member
Message 11 of 14

Re: ?? Anything New To Report

Peter,

No I am not using any type of malware or other cleaners or optimizers as I am only to familiar with the problems they can cause. I use the McAfee removal tool when I uninstall it which takes care of the registry entries so I don't have to manually go in and edit them. The virtual technician only tells me that my data file is out of date when a new one is available and then I go and manually download it. This just started yesterday morning and this morning I also ran a manual full scan and nothing showed up. I don't even use the McAfee registry cleaner in this version. I did use it in the 2009 version once in a while and then would look at what it had found before having it delete them, but this so called fast version doesn't even give you the chance to look at anything. It just tells you that it has cleaned XX number of files so I won't run it in the registry.

As to this major update coming out soon. Did they happen to give you any idea of when it was coming? Also what issues it may fix or not fix.

Ron

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 14

They just said "about 2 - 3 weeks" which could mean any time.  Meanwhile if those errors continue you could either try an uninstall/cleanup/reinstall or contact Technical Support Chat.

Ron65
Former Member
Message 13 of 14

Peter,

I have never had any luck with the technical support chat. All they tell me is to run the MCVT and then if it finds nothing to uninstall and reinstall the darn thing. It took 3 tries this time before they would admit that the 2010 version is a mess. I can learn more and find out what is going on better from you and the other mods than from the chat techs. And I just ran the VT again and it says everything is ok, but I have the latest data file in now as I updated it yesterday afternoon. I will continue to hang with them for now as I like the McAfee set up, but one of these days out of sheer disgust if they don't start doing more to fix this new version I may look at another program. However I am going to give them as long as I think it should take to correct all of this mess. I just wish that they would communicate to you and the others at least what is going on so you can update the users.

Thanks for your time and patience and I know that you can't do anything but report to them the problems. I just trust you more than the chat techs.

Ron

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 14

Thanks and good luck.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community