cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vivg
Former Member
Message 21 of 30

Re: Anti-virus keeps putting file in quarantine even if it's supposed to be ignored, how do I solve this?

Hello,

Sincere apologies for the delayed response on this issue. I went through the submitted DLL files and all of these look to be legit hit. You did mention you need these files to execute a certain executable. Is it possible to share information on wheather these files belong to any specific application ?

Regards,

Vivek

philosophicsity
Former Member
Message 22 of 30

Re: Anti-virus keeps putting file in quarantine even if it's supposed to be ignored, how do I solve this?

One of them belongs to GRID 2 and the other to Crysis 3.

CryEA.dll is used to launch to Crysis 3

and steam_api.dll, to GRID 2.

Edit: I added the files to the ignore list, but it still doesn't do it.

Message was edited by: philosophicsity on 6/30/13 10:51:17 AM CDT
djfil
Former Member
Message 23 of 30

"IF" you bought these games... my recommendation is to talk to the publishers for support.  However my guess, is these games were not actually purchased... these files are modified by software pirates so the DRM checks do not occur...  anti-virus companes see them as modified/hacked files, which they are.

philosophicsity
Former Member
Message 24 of 30

Well my friend installed them,

but I have no idea whether they're bought or not.

With Bell Internet Security (ISP's version prior to McAfee), this would also happen with games I had purchased or were free to play.

Peacekeeper
Message 25 of 30

Maybe best to ask him as they are not exactly small user base games and I would expect more complaining if this was a general detection.

philosophicsity
Former Member
Message 26 of 30

He did say he got them from the internet

but then again... they worked with Bell's and even in the early days with McAfee.

Message was edited by: philosophicsity on 7/2/13 7:18:18 PM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 27 of 30

Depends what the site is these days. Is it green in siteadvisor? If vivg says they look legit detections he would know as usually when we ask re false +ves they are 100% false detections and this is the 1st I have seen come back as bad.

philosophicsity
Former Member
Message 28 of 30

It seems I also have an adware or been hijacked.

I've been with Malwarebytes staff for the past week, we've found an issue and I will definitely update you on whether the adware caused all of this or not.

Peacekeeper
Message 29 of 30

Thanks Thought those would have been bad if vivg said they were. Waiting your summary what was wrong.

Peacekeeper
Message 30 of 30

Any feedback re the cause

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community