Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PForrest
Contributor
Message 1 of 1

Activation Problem

Hi!

I had just the McAfee virus scan on my computer for the past two years. It was preinstalled by the shop where I bought my computer. The subscription was coming to an end in mid September 2009 so I bought an instore version of the latest Viruscan. I installed overtop the current installation, but it doesn`t allow me to activate it.

From reading the activation problem messages around here, is it best to UNINSTALL everything and start over?

Also, the instructions I`ve read here talk about the MCPR.exe file. When I click on the link to every article on this forum concerning that file as part of the deinstallation process, the FAQ file is not found.

Please help!

Peter
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community