cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nanashi
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

About virus scanning to executable files.

Jump to solution

I would like to use free software that looks useful, but can I run a security threat scan on the .exe executable file of the free software I downloaded using MacAfee Total Protection, and if it is undetected, can I assume that the software is "safe with no viruses in the program"? Is it safe to assume that there are no viruses in the software program? Or does some potential risk remain? Free software is downloaded from major introduction sites in Japan, and selection is based on high review ratings.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 3

Re: About virus scanning to executable files.

Jump to solution

Hi @nanashi 

Greetings from McAfee

Please try right clicking the file and select show more option and scan the file. If you still not able to locate the scan option,  please share screenshot of that and also let us know the McAfee version installed to help you further resolving it.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards
Hari

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @nanashi 

Greetings from McAfee

Please try right clicking the file and select show more option and scan the file. If you still not able to locate the scan option,  please share screenshot of that and also let us know the McAfee version installed to help you further resolving it.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards
Hari

nanashi
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Dear Hari.

Thank you for your clear answer.
I will check the scan results of the free software executable and decide whether to use it or not.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community