cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigJ
Former Member
Message 1 of 25

5434 dat file

It is almost noon Saturday here in Ohio and have not received 5434 yet. And yes I check manually for updates and says all my products are up to date. Talked to technical chat and the guy assured me all servers have 5434 on them. I loaded the update on my other computer and it still had 5433 on it. The guy does not know what he is talking about.
Jerry
24 Replies
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 25

RE: 5434 dat file

Dats can take some time esp on weekends
BigJ
Former Member
Message 3 of 25

Yes but McAfee has 5435 on the website and still have no 5434 dat on server that gives dats for home users in Ohio. 24 hours is too SLOW. Bet 5435 will be on it soon and not see 5434 at all. Face it that McAfee is getting extremely slow releasing updates to home users. And yesterday Friday was not the weekend yet!
Jerry
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 25

It's 2.40pm Saturday and it tells me I'm up to date even though I'm still at 5433. You aren't alone and I have no idea what's going on.
BigJ
Former Member
Message 5 of 25

5:20pm Saturday and still says Thursdays 5433 dat is up to date. Come on McAfee check your servers instad of chat technitions saying servers are all loaded with latests files! This is getting me pretty unhappy with McAfee and their free support chat line.
Jerry
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 25

It is possible that an update was withdrawn, although I have no way of checking, especially at the weekend.
BigJ
Former Member
Message 7 of 25

Thanks Peter for your replies but it would be nice if the chat line guy would have checked it out more instead of assuring me that all servers had 5434 loaded on them instead of making me think something is wrong on my end. Have a great weekend.
Jerry
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 25

I totally agree and how would he know if all the servers were up and running let alone updated?
He's most likely in a remote call centre in India.
I guess it was a stock answer.
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 9 of 25

I just got updated with datversion 5435.

A jump from 5433 to 5435
BigJ
Former Member
Message 10 of 25

Well Peter I finally got the update at 6:05pm and it is 5435. You should be able to get it now also. Thanks again for your replies and guess all is well for the time being.
Jerry
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community