cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigJ
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

5425 dat file

At 1:52pm Wednesday afternoon here in Ohio I received this email: The 5425 daily dat files have been released and are available for download. It has been more then 24 since that message and still have not received this dat file. Seems McAfee is much slower now in releasing these dat files to home users since Saturday and Sunday dat files are released now. Why so slow? Over 24 hours is really SLOW!
Jerry
6 Replies
earthdragunz
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

RE: 5425 dat file

hi,

try opening your MSC and the click on Update...

to check if you have the latest DAT:

- open MSC
- click on About on the lower right hand corner
- click on VirusScan (post all the details here please)

hope it helps...
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

That notice is sent in advance of the release. The servers don't appear to have it yet as I can't get it either.
Deep-Freeze
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

That is correct. I have been waiting for the same update since last night.

If you would like to, you can force the update, download & install it manually in the McAfee Folder. (POST EDIT: works only for SMB Products)

Link Removed:
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

I never did get 5425, instead it jumped straight to 5426.

Are you sure that FTP method works for home products? Without proper instructions we'll end up with a lot of people complaining that their installations are fouled up,m if they don't do it right.
Deep-Freeze
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Force Update through McAfee FTP Site.

You are right Peter.

I apologize for the mis-information. The FTP method works only on SMB products as of now. We have not tried on Home User products & do not know if

We have raised the request to our Engineering team, to enable the force update on Home User products.

Keeping our fingers crossed!.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

RE: Force Update through McAfee FTP Site.

I thought so. The only thing that I have ever got to work was an extra.dat that they sent me a few weeks ago.
The sdat's are for VSE and Small Business.
VirusScan 10 was the last one that could be updated that way, if I recall correctly.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community