cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigJ
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

5400 engine

I have been getting dat email notifications about the 5400 engine. It keeps saying that all products with auto updater enabled will get the 5400 starting on november 18, 2009. So all I got yesterday the 18th was security center, viruscan, and personal firewall build updates and no 5400 update. So when are we going to receive the 5400 engine? Still at 5301 on mine.

Jerry

5 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 6

Re: 5400 engine

Until a Mcafee staffer stumbles across your post I will try to assist.

1 Just confirm this is the home  version not enterprise?

2. I am on the beta and have 5400 so I would assume the release could be staged so yours would/should come in a few days since they have emailed you.  They did say starting from not on the 18th.

x-brookz
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Just Enterprise products for now...

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Mate I thought it could have been enterprise. OP is that correct

jotape1960
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi!!!

I still use the McAfee VirusScan version 4.5.1 and I can update the virus dat files but, if I update the engine to 5400, I get an error. So, I have to use the old 5300 engine to get all OK.

I hope we'll have a fix for that, soon. Does somebody know when? ???

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!!!

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 6

By update do u do that manually by coping files over or automatically? Asking as 4.51 is old and not supported so dats and especially 5400 engine will not be designed for it. I will assume that 5400 will not work on 4.51 ever.

That is going from what we have been told .

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community