cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RNRN5
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

20+ copies of mpfAlert.exe running. Help does not work, Mcafee causing slow computer response

My computer is running slow.  When ever it starts up I have to wait for Mcafee to run.  I can here it thrashing the disk.  Using sys internals I can see there are 20 plus copies of MpfAlert.exe

When I click on the Mcafee icon in the system tray it takes minutes to respond.  

Trying to access the help button does nothing.  

Please help.

3 Replies
RagothKarnan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: 20+ copies of mpfAlert.exe running. Help does not work, Mcafee causing slow computer response

@RNRN5

Please update us if you still see the issue.

Cheers

Ragoth Karnan

PaulinaF
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: 20+ copies of mpfAlert.exe running. Help does not work, Mcafee causing slow computer response

I am having the Same problem... 8 to 10 MPFAlert are runing under a username and not system

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

@PaulinaF

To understand the issue better, could you please answer the questions below:

Which version of McAfee Antivirus is installed on the PC? When does this occur?

Does restarting the computer fixes the issue?

Suggest you run the McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) and see if it helps. If you still have the issue try reinstalling the antivirus.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community