Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich_Royal
Contributor II
Message 1 of 7

1 PC has auto shutdown after scan, other does not. Both same build

Jump to solution

I have 2 laptops, one a Lenovo x220 that has been running McAfee Total Protection for 6+ months, the other some ASUS Celeron. Both are running Windows 10. BOTH are running Release 16.0 R31, Build 19.1.165. The X220 has not had the "shutdown after scan" option since an upgrade long ago. The ASUS, with a new installation of Total Protection today, *does* have the "shutdown after scan" option formerly available. What's up? Do I need to reinstall on the X220 to get that option back?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rich_Royal
Contributor II
Message 4 of 7

Re: 1 PC has auto shutdown after scan, other does not. Both same build

Jump to solution

I reinstalled using the download link generated by the "Add Device" option in Total Protection. I made sure to check for updates. I now have the "Shut down my PC when no threats are found" option on both laptops.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Rich_Royal 

The shut down after scan option is not available in the latest release version of McAfee. If you want that option you can use the older version as it is. 

This is by design. We request to you  update or reinstall for the latest version for Virus definitions and bug fixes. 

Thanks,

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

The option is returning in the next update so I was told. They returned the pause option so close next.

Rich_Royal
Contributor II
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

I reinstalled using the download link generated by the "Add Device" option in Total Protection. I made sure to check for updates. I now have the "Shut down my PC when no threats are found" option on both laptops.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Added to new installs but  I see mine is still not there but I can wait.

Rich_Royal
Contributor II
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Is there a benefit to waiting vs. reinstall? It wasn’t that tough to do, especially given the inconvenience of not having it. I expect anything I install will have equal protection but if not I’d really like to know.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Not really it will come the updates sometimes are geographically released so some areas get them earlier but installs are the latest. My feeling of the reason only.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community