cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
codysydney
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

welcome.login.title

Every time I restart my PC, the first time I use TrueKey, the TrueKey interface is full of meaningless text rather than the titles that should be there.

See attachment.  I'm using the Chrome extension on Windows 10.

5 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

Re: welcome.login.title

Hi

From the screenshot I see that you have 4.19 version of True Key installed. Go to https://www.truekey,com/download/  and install True Key without uninstalling the currently installed product. This should install 4.20 which is the latest version, check and revert back if the issue stil persists.

Regards

Farhan

codysydney
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, I downloaded and reinstalled, but even after rebooting, my version number remains 4.19.108.  Shouldn't this thing keep itself up to date anyway?   I'll give it some tests to see if the problem's fixed anyway.. thanks

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

For your information, our True Key on Windows platform does update in the background without user's interaction, if you reload TK and get the same version it is because no updates were available. We push our updates directly to the clients when we are releasing new updates.

Regarding the login page, this is a random issue we are aware of, and as being random it wont reproduce every time and it is possible that by reinstalling like you just did, it won't, but the issue remains and I need to make sure that this is completely addressed so the issue won't repeat anymore.

Thanks,

Marc D.

codysydney
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

After reinstalling the issue is still happening.  It's not random for me, it's quite repeatable, so let me know if there's anything I can do to help isolate it.  Not a big deal because cancelling the login and trying again fixes it, but it's not a good look

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Good morning,

That is what I thought, that eventually you would see this login window again. Give me a a couple of days and I will try to see how can this be fixed permanently.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community