cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eballeyguier
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

true key Acount recovery

Due to a critical driver failure i hade to reinstal windows and hade to reinstal a lot of things. I lost my true key password and true key dont register my device as aproved anymor. i still hace accese to my mc afee acount and the mail acount for true key. Is ther a way to recover my acount or am I screwd ?

3 Replies
Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: true key Acount recovery

Hi @eballeyguier,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding the McAfee password reset. Kindly use the below article

How to reset McAfee Password

Regarding your True Key Master Password, - If you have trusted your device then you can reset the password, if not, we need to delete the account and if we delete the account, the login saved will be deleted along with the account due to security concerns.

Use the below article to reset True Key Master password 

How to reset True Key Master Password

Regards,

Allwyn I

eballeyguier
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I still Have my Mc afee pasword and can conect to my acount.

But True Key says that my device is not trusted and thus i cant change my password.

I still have acces to the mail i used to sign in TrueKey, cant that work as a proof of identity ?

Can i hope to recover my True Key acount without miraculously fiding back my password or is there no hope?

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi @eballeyguier,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience, if the device is not trusted and master password is not available, we will not able to recover the logins saved, due to security concerns. We can delete the account & can create a new Master password and you can use your account. 

Regards,

Allwyn I

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community