Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjoc
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

'something went wrong'

Jump to solution

Hi

True Key (via BT).  Installed and working OK for several months.  In February put in password and the most unhelpful message I have ever seen greeted me 'something went wrong'.  (Which reminded me of a PC game my children used to play based on a Terry Prachet novel when you tried to make a move that was wrong it said 'that didnt work')  Basically I could not get into this application which stores 60+ user names and passwords etc.  It works on my smart phone.  So now if i need to log into something I go to my phone open up the app type in manually the user name and password and hey presto I am in.  Sound familiar?  Yes it is the old pencil and paper method.  I contacted Intel.  As soon as they hear it was provided as part of BT package they say they cannot help.  I go to BT who try to fix it, taking control of my PC, after 40 mins of uninstalling and reinstalling with no joy, they tell me to go back to Intel.  I go back to Intel who tell me to go back to BT.  I write a letter of complaint to BT who ring me to say they can not do anything about it.  They suggest it is to do with Windows 10 updates.  ***.  **** (who gives a ****).  I am not really that bothered except that it wastes my time.  I am 61, not much of that left.   There are bigger things in the world to get het up about.  But when someone says that x can do y and then x cannot do y and no one, no one, really has a clue as to why x will not do y then....  What is it all about?  Jesus.  And I am not even religious.  Thinking about it though....

I don't expect anyone to be able to help me I just thought I might use this as some kind of confessional to salve my tormented mind.

Ta....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Re: 'something went wrong'

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I just saw your message and we can certainly help you and get you to log back in to True Key.  Please uninstall True key and after rebooting your PC, reinstall it again from your BT portal.

You should be then downloading and installing our latest TK version 4.14), let me know if you have any issues logging in.

Thanks,

Marc D.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

I will contact a *Expert* from the TrueKey Team to asisst you and possibly ease your concerns.

​  Could you please assist this customer?

I might add that there has been some issues with a Windows update causing problems. Also could you let us know which Browser you are using? Have you attempted to try another one?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Successfully moved from Community Support to True Key (NEW) > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I just saw your message and we can certainly help you and get you to log back in to True Key.  Please uninstall True key and after rebooting your PC, reinstall it again from your BT portal.

You should be then downloading and installing our latest TK version 4.14), let me know if you have any issues logging in.

Thanks,

Marc D.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Thank you Marc.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
pjoc
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Thank you Marc (and Catdaddy).  How come you are the only person on the planet who knew the simple answer to this question?  Yep it works now.  I guess I can get back to living a 'normal' life.

Much appreciated.

Regards

Pierce

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Pierce,

I don't know the answer of that but what I do know is that we are here to help!!! so please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we will look for the answers.

Marc

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Glad That all is okay

All the very Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community