Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newcable
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

reset master password without trusted device

Jump to solution

My laptop that had my True Key master password saved on recently broke and I am unable to reset the master password to regain access to True Key because my new computer isn't recognised as a trusted device.

Is there anyway to reset the master password without a trusted device? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: reset master password without trusted device

Jump to solution

Hello @newcable ,

We are extrememly sorry to inform you that we dont have an option to reset the master password if we dont have a trusted device. If in case you have added your mobile or any other secondary machine as a  trusted device you can reset the password from that device as well. If no trusted device the only option is to create a new account and no possible way to recover the existing one.

Regards,
Rajiv S

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: reset master password without trusted device

Jump to solution

Hello @newcable ,

We are extrememly sorry to inform you that we dont have an option to reset the master password if we dont have a trusted device. If in case you have added your mobile or any other secondary machine as a  trusted device you can reset the password from that device as well. If no trusted device the only option is to create a new account and no possible way to recover the existing one.

Regards,
Rajiv S

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community