Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 16

Re: has there been an update ?

Jump to solution

Understood, I believe you are running the latest version, not sure why is still prompting you to restart the app to get it update it.

Can you send me a screenshot of this update request prompt, also when do you get this update/restart request prompt (frequency) and at which point (after logging in to your TK account, etc.?).

Thanks,

Marc D.

James_
Contributor III
Message 12 of 16

Jump to solution

I have only been prompted to restart one more time since the original update , it's not constantly prompting me to update ,just the one time.I was just curious as to why it prompted me again to restart and the program version never changed that is all. 

As I said it is working fine and no problems with it. 😊

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 16

Jump to solution

Perfect, let me know if you experience any issues with it going forward and we can take a closer look to it.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 16

Jump to solution

Hi James,

Let me also say that 4.0.0.9245 is your True Key Chrome extension version but you have not provided the version of your TK standalone app.

You are running the desktop standalone app and that is why you were prompted to restart to update this client because if you were running TK extension first where launchpad opens in the browser instead that in the desktop you would have not been prompted to restart to get it update it.

So if you see this restart/prompt again please let me know your True Key standalone desktop version (you should be able to see it once you open your TK launchpad on the bottom right of your screen).

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

tzydzy
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Jump to solution

I received a similar prompt to update, however after downloading the new software and authorizing installation, nothing happened.  I tried again logging in as an administrator and again, nothing.  I uninstalled the app from Windows 10 Professional (I didn't see the message to NOT uninstall, just reboot until AFTER I checked the forum - too late).  After rebooting several times, and attempting to reinstall True Key from the file downloaded from the website, the desktop version will still not install either as a user or administrator.  The web browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox work, but why doesn't the desktop app for Windows 10 not install.  Is it really needed at this time?  

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 16

Jump to solution

It is very possible that the True Key desktop standalone app is blocked for new downloading. As I mentioned on this thread, we are deprecating our desktop application and will soon only be using our web extension app (Edge, Chrome and Firefox).

Downloading the app from your prefered web browser of the above mentioned browsers in www.truekey.com will get you the extension first TK mode.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community