Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_
Contributor III
Message 1 of 16

has there been an update ?

Jump to solution

Hi, turned on pc and opened chrome.It told me there had been a true key update and to restart pc ,is this a genuine update and if so what changes have been done ? It currently says I am using version 4.0.0.9245 of true key.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 16

Re: has there been an update ?

Jump to solution

Good morning,

This is a genuine update. But let me bring more background to better understand our current application.

There are 2 modes of running True Key, one is the desktop standalone app that opens the logins launchpad on your desktop while the other mode is extension first (Chrome, Firefox or Edge) where the logins launchpad open within a browser tab.

As a rule of thumb, if your PC is prompted for a restart is because it is updating the desktop standalone True Key app as an update for the extension first would not require a PC restart.

The last update was addressing a server connection problem where some users experienced issues connecting to their TK accounts.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 16

Jump to solution

Let me get back to you in the next few days with what exactly released.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 16

Jump to solution

Good morning,

This is a genuine update. But let me bring more background to better understand our current application.

There are 2 modes of running True Key, one is the desktop standalone app that opens the logins launchpad on your desktop while the other mode is extension first (Chrome, Firefox or Edge) where the logins launchpad open within a browser tab.

As a rule of thumb, if your PC is prompted for a restart is because it is updating the desktop standalone True Key app as an update for the extension first would not require a PC restart.

The last update was addressing a server connection problem where some users experienced issues connecting to their TK accounts.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

afzski
Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Jump to solution

I have not received a notice for update, but for past 2 weeks hav had issues with truekey loading, and when it finally does load, i get error that there was problem connecting to the servers ,  How do I find out what version I have, and if it is the new version, how do I get back the functionality ???

Alex 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 16

Jump to solution

Let me ask you, do you have True Key running anywhere else besides on your desktop Windows system?

Thanks,

Marc D.

James_
Contributor III
Message 6 of 16

Jump to solution

Hi , just had another update which told me to restart my system. It still says however I am using version 4.0.0.9245 of true key.  Any idea what this was for ?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 16

Jump to solution

Did you restart your system since  you originally posted this ?

Thanks,

Marc D.

James_
Contributor III
Message 8 of 16

Jump to solution

Yes I have restarted system since I posted previously , I restarted as soon as it asked.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 16

Jump to solution

Please restart again and see if True Key gets updated. If you are prompted again to restart to get updated provide me a screenshot of this message.

Thanks,

Marc D.

James_
Contributor III
Message 10 of 16

Jump to solution

I have restarted several times since the update and it still says 4.0.0.9245 . I have the true key app[ installed and the chrome extension , its working fine I was just curious as to why it asked to update again with it having already updated a week or so ago.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community