Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ICR
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Windows app not responding

Hi,

I have been using the Windows App for True Key which is installed on my PC.  This has been working fine for a number of years.  Yesterday when I launched it the app just hung.  After a while there was a message saying "Not Responding".  I waited but still no response.  Tried rebooting the machine but had the same problem.  Tried unistalling the True Key app and re-installing.  Still have the same problem.

Can anyone advice what I should do.

The Chrome and Edge plugin versions still work fine although I really liked the full windows version of True Key but its just stopped working.

Also tried to start a chat session but that doesn't seam to work.  After starting a chat session I just get an empty window.  When I try to close it I'm asked if I want to end the chat session.  Obviously I don't want to close it so I wait a bit longer but still just a blank empty chat session box.  Help would be appreciated with this one too.  Thank you.

Thanks in advance for your help.

17 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 18

Re: Windows app not responding

Hi there again,

Can you try something, please temporarily disable your antivirus security program, reinstall the True Key app and making sure your security app is disabled, try to open True Key on the desktop.

Let me know if this makes any difference.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Anon987
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

I have the same problem as the original poster.  Tried to turn off my antivirus (which is Mcafee btw) and it still says "not responding".

searcherjv
Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Tried this on 2 machines and now the desktop app will not install and I get the message "could not reach the sorry" or "oops something went wrong".

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 18

Hi,

Can you please tell me how you tried to install it and if you tried on both machines?

Also, is True Key running in any other device?

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 18

Good morning,

We think that we have found the root cause of the blank screen on the True Key desktop standalone app that has affected our users recently. It is related to the Google Chrome browser, probably a recent update and we seen that other apps have been similarly affected by this.

Please update the Chrome browser or re-install it and let me know if the issue is fixed and you are able to open True Key without any issues.

If issue persists, restore the browser following these steps:

• Go to chrome browser Settings option using the drop-down menu
    • Now, scroll down the cursor and choose the Advanced button available at the bottom of this page
    • Next, click Restore settings to their original defaults option under Reset and clean up section

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 18

Good morning,

We think that we have found the root cause of the blank screen on the True Key desktop standalone app that has affected our users recently. It is related to the Google Chrome browser, probably a recent update and we seen that other apps have been similarly affected by this.

Please update the Chrome browser or re-install it and let me know if the issue is fixed and you are able to open True Key without any issues.

• Now, scroll down the cursor and choose the Advanced button available at the bottom of this page
    • Next, click Restore settings to their original defaults option under Reset and clean up section

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 18

Good morning,

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 18

I understand, I see that errors might be different for some of our users but still the desktop app is not accessible.

I will look into this with the team and will provide hopefully more about this tomorrow.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 18

I understand, I see that errors might be different for some of our users but still the desktop app is not accessible.

I will look into this with the team and will provide hopefully more about this tomorrow.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community