cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_H
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Why does TruKey open in my browser now?

Why does TruKey open in my browser now? I want it to open on my desktop. How do I change it back.

3 Replies
Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why does TruKey open in my browser now?

Hi @Andrew_H,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. The standalone application of true-key on desktop has been retired.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to install standalone True-key application on desktop and you can use the true key extension from the browser. Please refer the below article to know more about your concern.

True-key application retired.

Regards,

Allwyn I

HelenClare
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I agree, Andrew. This is so annoying. I don't want it as a tab in my browser. Plus, when I use one of my logins, it opens up another tab! McAfee - please bring back the standalone application.
HelenClare
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Why has the standalone app been retired? It's so annoying having one or more tabs open in my browser, taking up space. Please bring the app back. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community