cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex718
Former Member
Message 11 of 18

Re: Where is the promised ability to download PasswordBox data?

Jump to solution

You mean, that I have to install desktop version first, login with PB credentials, and only then use TK on iPhone?

So, desktop app has kind of 'extended' features?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 18

Jump to solution

Good morning Alex,

If you were to start from your mobile device, I suggest you try to do a signup instead of a sign in (login). Let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Marc D.

alex718
Former Member
Message 13 of 18

Jump to solution

Marc, thanks for your advice.

It worked fine (though this way looks a bit weird)

I think, this information obligatorily must be added to True Key app description in App Store and Google Play, otherwise you'll keep getting the same complains for way long time

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 18

Jump to solution

Absolutely agree with you, I actually intercepted this issue yesterday and I have advised our support team so they wont make this mistake again.

Sorry for the hassle on getting this resolved.

Marc D.

svetlana
Former Member
Message 15 of 18

Jump to solution

Actually have same problem that master password for Password box doesn't work for True key.

Installed desktop app and signed up from mobile app. Still no result.  It asks email verification and that doesn't work.

Other mails from McAfee are coming to the mailbox but nothing neither about migration from Password box to True key nor email verification mails when you try to sign in to True key laptop app.

McAfee customer support commented that passwords are lost now completely and they are very sorry about this for the   "inconvenience"

This is completely ridiculous approach! How can you have any trust in a company who allows easily such   "inconveniences"?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 18

Jump to solution

Note: Removed out of Moderation Queue.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi Svetlana,

Before assuming you lost your passwords, there are a few things we need to confirm. Can you try doing a "sign in" on the desktop, let me know if this works and if it does not, is there any error message on the desktop True Key screen. From your mobile device it is a "sign up" that you need to do and again, if it does not work on the desktop, try it here and let me know if it works or if you see any errors on the mobile device on the TK app.

If you are still unable to sign up/in to True Key, please send me an email with your email address related to your True Key account to: truekeysupport@mcafee.com

Thanks,

Marc D.

svetlana
Former Member
Message 18 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi Marc,

I am unfortunately not assuming that I have lost the passwords but this is what Mcafee customer support communicated to me few times already by phone saying that after September 27th it is not possible to get your passwords back if you didn't sign in to True key prior that date.

I did try sign in via the laptop like you were suggesting and True key gives this message:

"Hi there, this email is associated with a PasswordBox account. Sign in using your PasswordBox credentials and we'll migrate your data from PasswordBox to True Key. Or sign up with a different email."

But then when you try to sign in with email address and Passwordbox password, it says "Check your email to confirm this device".

I tried it many times but this mail doesn't come, not even to spam. Though messages from Mcafee customer support are coming to the mailbox without problems.

Doing this on the laptop, I have deleted whole app from the phone.

Installed it afterwords again and have same issue with phone app- it "sends" email verification which in fact doesn't come.

So no error messages (though I had them yesterday and on a weekend with request to contact customer support) but verification mail is not coming.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community