cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
passwordboxuser
Former Member
Message 1 of 18

Where is the promised ability to download PasswordBox data?

Jump to solution

In 2015 it was announced that TrueKey would replace PasswordBox in 2016 and that my lifetime subscription would be converted to a monthly fee.

At that time we were told that we would also be given an opportunity to download our data if we didn't want to use TrueKey.

2016 came and went and there was no communication.

In June of this year, I opened a support ticket to find out how to download my data.

It was ignored.

After almost 2 years of silence, we are now given 1-month notice before our data becomes unavailable.

What happened to the option to download our data?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 18

Re: Where is the promised ability to download PasswordBox data?

Jump to solution

Good morning Alex,

If you were to start from your mobile device, I suggest you try to do a signup instead of a sign in (login). Let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Marc D.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 18

Jump to solution

I have pinged the true key guru  to help

any way to help this user?

passwordboxuser
Former Member
Message 3 of 18

Jump to solution

Here is another screenshot, this time of the upgrade process to TrueKey, that promises the ability to download (as well as notification "well in advance").

Dropbox - PasswordBox Download Promise.png

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 18

Jump to solution

Please proceed to the 5th screen and there you will have the option to migrate your data from Password Box to True key. If the migration doesnt work through the extension, download and install the True Key application from https://www.truekey.com/download/ and try migration

Regards

Farhan

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 18

Jump to solution

In fact, there is no migration process per say. In the email there should be a link to download True Key but you can also download it directly from our webpage: www.truekey.com, once you load the True Key application on your system you can just use the same credentials you normally use to sign in with Password Box, your TK account should flawlessly have the same passwords you had on your PB account.

Thanks,

Marc D.

passwordboxuser
Former Member
Message 6 of 18

Jump to solution

The Mac version of TrueKey has an expired certificate.  DO NOT USE IT - NEVER TRUST A SECURITY COMPANY WITH AN EXPIRED CERTIFICATE!!!

passwordboxuser
Former Member
Message 7 of 18

Jump to solution

I didn't ask about migration.  I asked for TK to follow through with their promise to allow PB users to download their data.  And to communicate "well in advance".

After 2 years, a one month notice before the service is shutdown and our data is made unavailable is unacceptable.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 18

Jump to solution

Can you please explain what you mean with your data being unavailable? I think I just answer that it will be available after you use the PB credentials to login to True Key.

But please let me know why it would be unavailable for you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

alex718
Former Member
Message 9 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi, it looks I got the same problem - after PB became unusable, I've installed TK on my iPhone.

But when I try to login with my PB credentials, I receive message, like 'Invalid username'.

Could you, please, advice something, so I could get my saved passwords?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 18

Jump to solution

We discussed this on our Conference Call today. It was mentioned that one could download and install using the link MarcD suggested.

In Post #4....https://www.truekey.com/download/

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community