cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mspring
Contributor
Message 1 of 22

What is going wrong at True Key?

First I wanted to know how to get in to password sites without having to log-in and then verify account by email every time - what a waste of time.

The help message centre gives the answer:

"Bummer. It looks like the help center at help.truekey.com no longer exists."

I was then asked about my experience so far with True key - when I put sad face, guess what the response is:

"Bummer. It looks like the help center at help.truekey.com no longer exists."

I note many other people are dissatisfied with True Key - so far it is enough to turn me off from buying products from McAfee again.

Really is time these basic errors were sorted out.

21 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 22

Re: What is going wrong at True Key?

Can you try to address this user's issues please

codysydney
Contributor
Message 3 of 22

It's not "This user's issues" ... it's TrueKey's issue.

Try it yourself, takes 2 seconds. Click the Info icon in Truekey, select "Help Centre" and voila.

Bummer. It looks like the help center at help.truekey.com no longer exists.

I kind of agree with the OP, trusting highly personal, security related data to a company that just appears flaky is a big risk!!  Get it together guys.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 22

User's issues with TK was what I was saying . Marcd is the TK guru I am just a volunteer here and do not have it installed.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 22

Go fo that URL and you get redirected to ZenDesk, with the address bar showing "Help Center  closed". So yes, there is no Help Center any more. That's all I know.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 22

Good morning mspring,

I can answer or at least try to answer your questions/ concerns. First off, regarding the help.truekey.com used to be hosted with Zendesk should soon be redirected to this page.

As a matter of fact, our True Key website support link should be directed to the McAfee technical support: Antivirus Software and Internet Security For Your PC or Mac | McAfee  and basically our feedback page within our website hosted by Zendesk should be directed here as I said earlier. Again this pages should be redirected soon as we are consolidating all under the same portal.

REgarding our first point, can you pelase provide more details regarding this issue, are you having issues using the instant log in to certains URL's? Can you please provide these URL's you are having issues with?

Thank you,

Marc D.

mspring
Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Hello Marc

As a previous comment was made - when you go to a company dealing with security matters - you expect them to get it right. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of 'should be' statements in your reply.

On my first point it is not certain URLs - it is all of them!  I note the message from TrueKey - "Say goodbye to the hassle of passwords"

When I try to log in to any password protected site I get asked to sign in to my profile - - then I get asked for my master password - - then I have to log in to my email account - -  then I have to confirm access  -- then I get the message, every time "It looks like you are attempting to sign in to an untrusted device" ; I have to say I trust it.

After that everything works fine - - until the next time when I have to go through all the hassle again. So far True Key is a waste of my time.

Mspring.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 22

OK, what model of True Key are you using, are you using the standalone desktop app or the extension first which lives within the browser.

If it is the extension first can you please tell me which browser are you using (Edge, Chrome, Firefox or IE).

Can you finally provide me with the True Key version and what type of device are you using TK with and the operating system on this device.

Finally, do you have any other device (Laptop, mobile, etc) where you can install TK and see if the auto-login is better achieved there.

Thanks,

Marc D.

mspring
Contributor
Message 9 of 22

The version that came with McAfee security for a standalone desktop.

Using Edge / Windows 10.

TK Version 1.35.353.1.0

Mspring

nirajshah
Contributor III
Message 10 of 22

I can confirm that I am also experiencing this issue with True Key on macOS. When clicking on"Visit Help Center", the browser (very briefly) shows: https://www.truekey.com/help?locale=en-US&distinct_id=...

Before redirecting to:

https://www.zendesk.co.uk/help-center-closed?utm_source=helpcenter-closed&utm_medium=poweredbyzendes...

True Key: v1.35.2.4583

Browser: Chrome v61.0.3163.100

Looks like an issue with the redirect at https://www.truekey.com/help rather than a issue with TK itself.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community