cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herbo
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Very unhappy with Truekey

I have to say, having been forced off Lenovo Password Manager which worked flawlessly, the TrueKey product is nothing short of horrific.

• It does not understand sites properly and confuses websites under the same domain, constantly trying to overwrite passwords.
  • It cannot cope with a corporate single sign on system like Siteminder - Lenovo Password Manager did perfectly.
  • It does not support Application logins - Lenovo Password Manager did perfectly.
  • It required me to launch and log into the app every boot - can't find a way to automate the execution similar to the way Lenovo Password Manager worked.
  • It cannot cope with forms - e..g Can't even log into Amazon Web Services as this requires Username, Account and Password (useless)
  • I'm expected to pay for Premium!! Why would I pay for premium when this is such an inferior tool?

The list goes on and on... Am I wasting my time with this tool? I't so frustrating. I can't see this list of deficiencies being solved overnight.

Regards Paul.

8 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: Very unhappy with Truekey

Hi Herbo

I will contact a expert on      True Key to address your concerns.

​  Could you kindly add to the discussion please?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
herbo
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your response however, I have had to remove TrueKey and have installed Dashlane as an alternative. I have to say Dashlane works perfectly and provides the experience and features I need. It has addressed all of my issues listed above.

I don't believe TrueKey should be advertised as a migration from Lenovo Password Manager. It is clearly lacks maturity. Rather than concentrate on features less used like 'face unlock' I would focus development efforts on the basics like form support.

Perhaps I will retry TrueKey in the future but for now I'm going to remain with Dashline.

Many thanks, Paul.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

Hi Herb,

I am sorry to hear that my friend. Hopefully Marc will add some insight here shortly. Please know that he is a very busy man,with Meetings and daily obligations. Being that he is Senior Level Support he is inundated with requests.

All the Best

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 9

Paul Herbo wrote:

• It does not understand sites properly and confuses websites under the same domain, constantly trying to overwrite passwords.
  • It cannot cope with a corporate single sign on system like Siteminder - Lenovo Password Manager did perfectly.
  • It does not support Application logins - Lenovo Password Manager did perfectly.
  • It required me to launch and log into the app every boot - can't find a way to automate the execution similar to the way Lenovo Password Manager worked.
  • It cannot cope with forms - e..g Can't even log into Amazon Web Services as this requires Username, Account and Password (useless)
  • I'm expected to pay for Premium!! Why would I pay for premium when this is such an inferior tool?

Hello

Regret the inconvenience caused. Please find responses below

• This shouldn't happen because Truekey will list out the Login details when there are multiple entries saved for a single domain. For instance if amazon.com has 2 logins you will receive a pop-up allowing you to choose between the 2.
  • It does login with a corporate single sign on  (SSO) here at McAfee however I need to check how Siteminder works
  • Unsure if the App supports this feature - I will double-check.
  • This feature is already available with TrueKey. You can set TrueKey to sign out after 7 days max. This option is available at Settings > Profile Preferences
  • Unsure if the App supports this feature - I will double-check.
  • Premium version of TrueKey App has the advantage of saving multiple assets and other advantages compared to Freemium.
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

Thanks Mate

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

Have you set the Auto-lock setting? Also can you provide some of the URLS so they can be checked?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
isaacchua
Contributor II
Message 8 of 9

I totally understand your concerns because I share the same. And I have uninstalled True Key too, because there was no action upon the feedback I have provided in this forum. I don't ever see how True Key can become a worthwhile product with the way it's being run, therefore it is a good call to just cut the cord and move on.

codysydney
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

But I'll definitely say TK is sensitive about these things.  Forms work - sometimes?  On some sites?  Some obscure sites  just never auto login at all and don't give me even the TK prompts.

My biggest annoyance with it is actually when it says "Oh I don't know that login, would you like to choose from this list?" then presents every single login I have, non alphabetised, with no search box.  Makes me groan every time

And when the forum says "Oops. It looks like your message contains content not permitted in this community. If you believe this is an error, visit Community Support so we can work things out."   with no explanation or hitn at what I've said wrong.

cough.. lol

Ok figured it out.  Site will not let me put       e b a y      into a message even though what I'm trying to say is that TK won't log into that site.  sigh.  PS blame this font on the error message I copied

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community