cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ceramist
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Using Truekey within an iPhone App

How do we use TrueKey to login to an application on an iPhone? I can easily use the TrueKey app to access Amazon via the Safari browser, but I can not get TrueKey to autofill my credentials within the Amazon app.

6 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: Using Truekey within an iPhone App

Good morning,

Let me check on this for you, I believe that instant login is not support for apps with iOS but I will confirm this to you as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 7

Can you please let me know the iOS version you are running as well as the True Key app version that is running on your iPhone?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Ceramist
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Thanks, Marc.

iOS version is 12.2

TrueKey version is 4.1.0-9573

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 7

Great thanks for this information.

I will find out if we do support instant login on applications and will get back to you as soon as I find out anything.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 7

Good morning,

As promised, I am getting back to you with a workaround so you can use True Key to instant log you in IOs apps using 1Password.

Any 1Password supported iOS app (Example: twitter) which has 1Password icon ( attached the screenshot) in password text field can do auto-login using True Key.

Steps to do auto-login in iOS App:

1. Click on 1Password icon in iOS App in login page, which will make to open extension window.
  2. Select True Key from the list, which will open True Key extension with list of passwords related to same domain.
  3. Select the asset and it will auto-fill username and password in app, will make you login.

Another way is to go to the Safari browser and select the share button and do instant login.

Reference link: https://support.1password.com/1password-extension-ios/  (see description of ‘Supported apps’ in middle of page).

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 7

Hi there,

I just wanted to double check with you to see if you were able to use the 1Password workaround to be able to do instant login on iOS apps as described on my previous post.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community