cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lvbaal
Contributor II
Message 11 of 27

Re: Unsupported Sites: Is there a streamlined process for reporting these?

Jump to solution

Hi again,

Now I have installed the Truekey extension on another browser, Brave. Here the context menu where I'm looking for to report a not working log in, does work. In both browsers in the console the command  ¨chrome.contextMenus¨, yields ¨undefined¨. What more can I do?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 27

Jump to solution

So with the Brave browser, you are able to right click on the True Key extension icon on the top right and get to the True Key by mcAfee submenu to report "I wasn't logged in to this website", correct?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 27

Jump to solution

I just wanted to follow up regarding your post of last Monday. Within the Brave browser, are you able to to right click on the True Key extension icon on the top right and get to the True Key by McAfee submenu to report "I wasn't logged in to this website"?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

lvbaal
Contributor II
Message 14 of 27

Jump to solution

Yes, this functionality works flawlessly in Brave while not in Chrome

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 27

Jump to solution

Understood, not sure why Chrome is yielding undefined the console command  ¨chrome.contextMenus¨. We will investigate this and in the meantime please feel free to report any websites not working well with the True Key instant login.

If you do report it, I would need the following information:

1- Specific URL that is not working

2- Browser (+ extension version)

3- Which part seems broken the auto-fill fill (where your credentials are being filled on the username/password fields) or auto-submit (where enter is being pressed to get logged in to this website).

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 27

Jump to solution

Good morning,

The issue is still the same and unrelated to the True Key settings, ContextMenu behaviour is injected and controlled by the browser or even sometimes it could be controlled by other browser extensions that you would have installed.

Can you please let me know if you are running any other Chrome browser extensions besides True Key?

Thanks,

Marc D.

lvbaal
Contributor II
Message 17 of 27

Jump to solution

Now I have deactivated all extensions in Chrome, except True Key, and still the menu is not shown. When I wanted to check the functionality in Brave once more, I noticed that, contrary to before, the functionality is not present there any more as well. So then I removed all Chrome extensions in Brave to check, and still the option is not there. Strange!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 18 of 27

Jump to solution

It is strange but it could also be explained by the fact that many browsers availabl online such as Bravo, Vivaldi, Opera , etc. are using Chromium as their core engines, so the experiences you had with Chrome and Bravo were similar due to that.

Why it gave you the menu and then it stopped working, it could be the same security app/settings that seem to have disabled the true Key sub-menu from the start and now it is propagated to the Bravo browser.

Again this behaviour is not influenced as you can notice by the True Key extension.

Thanks,

Marc D.

lvbaal
Contributor II
Message 19 of 27

Jump to solution

Hello again Marc and thanks for the explanation.

So I have no way of getting access to this menu in the True Key extension any more?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 27

Jump to solution

Unfortunately that is not a setting managed by True Key, it is really up to the browser to manage this sub-menu. That setting could be influenced as well by a security app you might be running or as I said by the browser itself.

By the way, have you tried using the True Key extension on the Firefox browser and see if you get this menu.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community