cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdwn
Contributor
Message 1 of 27

Unsupported Sites: Is there a streamlined process for reporting these?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to submit unsupported login page URLs in the TrueKey app?

I understand you guys cannnot stay up-to-date for ALL websites 100% of the time but that doesn't mean you cannot setup a simple form for users to submit unsupported URL to your developers. You (developers) can then flag certain domians as higher priority than others, such as 'number of submissions', 'commonly used sites' like microsoft, upworks, chase, etc... This will be more streamlined and effecient than posting a link in this forum or talking to customer support.

I suggest this because I am a paid customer and I love your service. But if there was a direct and streamlined process for reporting unsupported sites it would make the service better.

A website I am having logging into is upworks.com. This is a popular freelance platform. The URL TrueKey is not detecting the loggin fields is https://www.upwork.com/ab/account-security/login

Give a thumbs up if you would like a better way to report unsupported login pages for your favorite sites?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 27

Re: Unsupported Sites: Is there a streamlined process for reporting these?

Jump to solution

I am actually happy you brought this up, as it is an important point.

From any of your default browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Edge), you can right click on the True Key extension on the top right and go to the True Key icon on the menu and you can choose one of these 5 issues namely "I wasn't logged in to this website".

I can assure you we receive these reports and we make an effort to optimize these pages so they can work with the True Key instant login feature.

Pages keep breaking when the content script is changed from this website and depending on the changes it is easier or can require more work from us to optimize them again. Having said that, I am happy to report the issue with upwork.com

Thanks,

Marc D.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

26 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 27

Jump to solution

I am actually happy you brought this up, as it is an important point.

From any of your default browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Edge), you can right click on the True Key extension on the top right and go to the True Key icon on the menu and you can choose one of these 5 issues namely "I wasn't logged in to this website".

I can assure you we receive these reports and we make an effort to optimize these pages so they can work with the True Key instant login feature.

Pages keep breaking when the content script is changed from this website and depending on the changes it is easier or can require more work from us to optimize them again. Having said that, I am happy to report the issue with upwork.com

Thanks,

Marc D.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

bdwn
Contributor
Message 3 of 27

Jump to solution

that's great. i was looking for that feature but couldn't find it. I see it now in the browser. I'll make sure to use this in the future. thanks

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 27

Jump to solution

You are most welcome, let me know if there is nything else we can help with.

Thanks,

Marc D.

lvbaal
Contributor II
Message 5 of 27

Jump to solution

Hi,

I used to make use of a web form stored in https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdL-iQ0Z9rQ41_YJmEYPhIRdZZ3eVHtJ3tAOBQlCAdGIVYIXQ/viewform

I understand this has been replaced by an option within the extension itself.

Only I can't seem to find where you point to: when I right click the extension icon in the browser, there is no icon in the menu where the option 'I can't sign in to this website'  is shown. Only the standard Chrome extension menu items. Extension version is 3.1.9211

Please help. Thanks

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 27

Jump to solution

Can you please send me a screenshot of your Chrome browser? If I understand correctly, you have no True Key icon on the upper right side of your browser. If you have no True Key icon there that means that the TK extension has not been enabled, please let me know if this is the case.

If this the case, ideally you need to enable it, make sure that when you go into the True Key settings- app settings- enable browser extensions that you enable Chrome or you reinstall it again if it does not have a cherckmark. Once you do that, the True Key extension should be installed, the extension which is what is needed for the automatic sign on to websites will work again.

Thanks,

lvbaal
Contributor II
Message 7 of 27

Jump to solution

No, you understand wrongly; I do have the TrueKey icon visible in the upper right of the browser. But if I right click it, the menu shows:

True Key by McAfee (which leads to the Chrome market place)

Options (greyed out)

Remove from Chrome

Hide in Chrome menu

Manage extensions

So no True Key icon in this menu where I have the option to report a non auto login website.

Hope this helps

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 27

Jump to solution

I understand, can you please take a screenshot of the menu you get when you right click on the True Key icon on your Chrome browser?

Normally you should have 2  x True Key by McAfee when you right click on the icon, one of them (the first one brings you to the Chrome True Key extension), please let me know the version of your True Key Chrome extension.

The second True Key by McAfee option is the one that has an inner menu to mark down issues you encounter with the automatic login, etc.

Thanks,

lvbaal
Contributor II
Message 9 of 27

Jump to solution

sent screenshot in email to you.

The first menu item takes me to the marketplace and the second menue item <Options> is greyed out.

Extension version is 3.1.9211

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 27

Jump to solution

Regarding this issue you are definitely missing one item in the right click menu within your True Key Chrome extension which is the one that has the menu where you can report issues directly to us.

The reason why you are probably missing this item is because of a blocked context menu within the Chrome extensions.

This might have done willingly by you or by a security app running in your device that deemed having a context menu enabled might posed a risk.

You can access the Chrome console by typing the following shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + J to open Developer Tools and bring focus to the Console.

Once there you can run this command: “chrome.contextMenus “, this command should return Object with key value pairs, this command output should return if the contextmenu enabled or not (like true or false).

There are several Chrome entries about contextmenu being enabled or diabled (blocked). You can do a quick test by downloading True Key on your Firefox extension, the complete menu should be visible there.

Thanks,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community