cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erikdeboer
Contributor II
Message 1 of 9

Unable to login in to True Key

I had to reinstall Google Chrome, and True Key. After that i was unable to login in to true key again. I can login after I open the extension. The problem is that I return to the login page after i authorize Chrome for access using the my phone.

The developer console in Chrome tells me there is an issue with the extension:

facade method `auth.createAccountHint` did not return a Promise Error: facade method `auth.createAccountHint` did not return a Promise
at chrome-extension://cpaibbcbodhimfnjnakiidgbpiehfgci/scripts/core.js:35:17739
at Object.dispatch (chrome-extension://cpaibbcbodhimfnjnakiidgbpiehfgci/scripts/core.js:35:17207)
at ChromeBG.value (chrome-extension://cpaibbcbodhimfnjnakiidgbpiehfgci/scripts/core.js:22:9774)
at chrome-extension://cpaibbcbodhimfnjnakiidgbpiehfgci/scripts/core.js:23:6232

I tried everything to fix the problem my self, but i seem to be unable to do so. 

What can i do to use keypass again in Google Chrome?

Thanks for your help.

8 Replies
erikdeboer
Contributor II
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to login in to True Key

Note: i installed True Key also in MS Edge and in Firefox, and there i have the exact same problem. True key return's to login page after I authorize the login on my phone.

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 9

Hi @erikdeboer,

Sorry for the inconvenience, McAfee is aware about the issue and we are working on it. We will update you once the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Allwyn I

erikdeboer
Contributor II
Message 4 of 9

Thank you, can you give me a time-line. When do you expect this problem to be resolved?

randyr
Contributor II
Message 5 of 9

I've been having the same problem for almost 2 weeks.  I created a case with McAfee support, which I've been told has been escalated to Tier 2 Support.  In the meantime, I'm being told, "We're aware of the problem.  We're working to fix it.  Please be patient."  I'm losing my patience...

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 9

Hi @erikdeboer & @randyr,

Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience, Unfortunately we will not be able to provide you with a timeline but we are working on this issue on priority and will update ASAP. 

Regards,

Allwyn I

randyr
Contributor II
Message 7 of 9

@Allwyn_GI I know that this problem (and the sync problem) are not your fault, however please feel free to inform your management that I'm actively looking for a replacement to True Key. I was a happy customer for over 5 years...
justintan
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I have the same issue. I was able to login in offline mode on my phone only since last week and now this morning I can't even login on my phone. I have tried reinstalling the app on my phone and the chrome extension but nothing works. I get the "verification emails" but whenever I click them I just get booted back to the login page. This is absolutely ridiculous. Please assist!
erikdeboer
Contributor II
Message 9 of 9

It seems as of today you were able to solve the problem. I am able to access True Key again and all seems to be in sync. Thank you for your support.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community