cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dukeboxster
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Truekey sync problems between PC chrome extension and Android app

Truekey has serious problems when used between PC chrome extension  VS Android app.

More often than expected...password do not work..if I do show password I see weird square unrecognized characters (screen attach of old password with bad square, real password do not have those square bracket..it show up only on the browser extension) and cannot log from the computer with Chrome, but work fine on the android phone.

Other issue is the password filing is WRONG! and that happen on both ; I know I have a 15 char long password but it filled with only 2 char!..I had to disabled autologin has it was causing too many failed logons...and has a workaround I manually edit the password and copy/paste it....that makes TrueKey no so useful!

And worst, I have one weird behavior where the computer password filled with something wrong but TRUEKEY see it has a NEW PASSWORD and offer me to UPDATE password!....I had the bad luck of clicking yes by mistake and LOST my password..

And before you ask..I did reinstall and flush all TrueKey extension data multiple times..and nothing fixed it...there is a major flaw with TRUEKEY...and the way it is going..that will be my last usage when it expired!.. as it seem that app has BAD or NO support at all...

I used to trust the Mcafee brand..not anymore..because the lack of support SORRY!

2 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 3

Re: Truekey sync problems between PC chrome extension and Android app

Hi @dukeboxster 

Greetings from McAfee. 

We have sent you private message. Please respond to take it further. Alternatively you can reach our chat support by selecting below link.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

dukebox
Contributor III
Message 3 of 3

I assume my problem related to this as well where mcafee support says they are aware of the problem!

So it seem we just need a fix now, any idea when we can expect this ?

TrueKey copy and paste bug - Android - Samsung Galaxy S10 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community