cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markm2359
Contributor II
Message 1 of 4

Truekey still not working

I just tried to get into Truekey on my pc using chrome and it is still not working. All my passwords still unavailable to me, I have even started changing to new passwords to gain access to my accounts, this is ridiculoius McAfee

3 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Truekey still not working

Just to confirm are you referring the issue with True Key desktop app and blank screen?

Thanks,

Marc D.

markm2359
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

NO, I try to log in and it says invalid password. I don't use truekey on any other device so I can't get in to change my password. Truekey was still open on my old pc but when I tried to change my password it asks for the old password first. If I knew what the old password was I wouldn't have to change it. I have slowly begun to change all my passwords one by one, I have given up on Truekey, it's been a nightmare
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

So the issue in order to do a master password reset it requires a double factor authentication for obvious security reasons, which since you don't have TK running on any other device (2nd device), only way left for True Key to authenticate you is via email.

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community