cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hosay299
Contributor III
Message 1 of 19

Truekey servers down how long for

Hi have just been told ur McAfee true key servers are down for days for mantianice when was we paying customers told this was going to happen when will they be back up???

agent said a feedback was be actioned on yes think not as was of time calling told could be days so part refund for the lose of the paid service 

how do u expect paying customer to react to basic info they agent even made out they had no warning so seems u do not plan things and have auto email sent out about planned work 

18 Replies
nirajshah
Contributor III
Message 2 of 19

Re: Truekey servers down how long for

Yes, some warning would have been nice. Trying to login this morning and can't get access to my password. Initially though it was a issue with the app so re-installed it to no avail. Now I can't use offline move and can't access any of my passwords.

As a paying customer, this is appalling service. Trying to login just fails - no message about offline servers or maintenance, as you would expect.

Sudharsanam_G1
Message 3 of 19

Hi @nirajshah 

We regret for the inconvenience caused!

McAfee is aware of the issue and our engineering team is working to find a solution very soon. kind try after few hours, it will work fine. If you continue to face the issue, please do update us.

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

nirajshah
Contributor III
Message 4 of 19

@Sudharsanam_G1 Posting a generic message doesn't help. It's already been several hours since TrueKey stopped working, and trying after a few hours didn't work (as per your message to others) hasn't worked. We're still in the same place.

What's the ETA on getting this fixed? 

SpiritMan1946
Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Me to
hosay299
Contributor III
Message 6 of 19

@Sudharsanam_G1 can i ask why the 2 call i did this am was told was mantianice and could be down for days yes days

the 1st call agent did not know and i had to spell out my email address but even that was time wasted as i say a letter but she when repeated the email address back said a different letter to what a said

so is it mantianice or a system issue

any why no post on the issue any where 

@nirajshah seems they say one thing and mean another thing on call staff and some do not know about the system issue yet

wait and see also @Sudharsanam_G1 can i ask how do we complain about it as lost of service 1st time ever and no info being given just like other customer said try in a few hours standard message why not get acutal info or a work around as my phone is still logged in but pc and tablet are not

google chrome this am shows off on the icon that is what i 1st saw the issue

any actual news on the issue and a time frame on a fix as must be a big issue or a up date gone wrong 

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 19

Still down !!!!!

Yes I can use it in Offline Mode for Stored passwords but ..... I can't get to my safe notes or update anything. 

Please can we have a proper update. 

hosay299
Contributor III
Message 8 of 19

@Sudharsanam_G1 update please

nirajshah
Contributor III
Message 9 of 19

So @Sudharsanam_G1, its now been 5+ hours since my message to you. I've followed your advice to try again later, expecting to work...

@Sudharsanam_G1 wrote:

McAfee is aware of the issue and our engineering team is working to find a solution very soon. kind try after few hours, it will work fine. If you continue to face the issue, please do update us.

But as suspected, it's still not working. Can you please provide a proper update instead, of a generic response that clearly isn't accurate? We are paying customers and deserve to be informed on when the service will be back up. 

SpiritMan1946
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

It would be good for some one to answer all the questions and give a straight answer as to how long we are ging to suffer this outage
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community