Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcela_Chaves
Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: Truekey on Firefox stopped displaying my save logins but still works

Jump to solution

Good morning, I'm having the exact same issue as the other 4 people.

I upgraded Firefox last week to 79.0 (64-bit) and my True Key extension suddenly stopped working.

As the other user who reported worrying about losing his logins, I did the exact same thing... going to check other browsers and my phone to see if they were lost. Luckily, they weren't!

I have tried the following:

1. Uninstalling the extension and reinstalling (3 times)! Nothing!!!

2. Uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling. Also 3 times! Nothing!!

3. Tried to import them, which I didn't want to, because I wasn't feeling keen to download them into a file, but I was willing to try that, however, wasn't possible either!

So currently I have these versions on both:

Firefox 79.0 (64-bit)

True Key 4.1.0.9284

Please fix this. I have so many passwords that True Key manages!! I can't go back to Chrome! I have chosen Firefox for its cleanliness over the bugged Chrome! Please don't let me down!!! 😞

This is for work! Not entertainment!!

I'm attaching screenshots of both programs' versions.

Thank you!

l0uisz
Contributor II
Message 22 of 26

Jump to solution
I wouldn't know unfortunately, I don't have the need to utilize it anymore since I was able to get all my logins back when the fix was applied.
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 23 of 26

Jump to solution

Hi Marcela,

The issue was fixed after we released the emergency fix last Saturday and all the people on this thread confirmed that the issue was as a result fixed for them.

Not sure what is going on but looks like you did the correct steps to try to solve it, when did you uninstall and reinstall the extension? Just try to sign out from your True Key account on your Firefox extension and sign back in and let's see if you still get the empty launchpad.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Gapster
Contributor III
Message 24 of 26

Jump to solution

Just checked today and it's working as expected. Thank you for fixing the issue so quickly!

You rock!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 26

Jump to solution

Glad it is working for all of you now, I am sorry for the inconvenience it caused but I am here if there's anything I can do to help.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Marc D.

Marcela_Chaves
Contributor
Message 26 of 26

Jump to solution

Hi, Marc, thank you very much! 😁

It didn't work just by signing off and signing back on, as True Key didn't seem to respond to any clicking.

So, to be safe, I removed the extension, and then uninstall Firefox again, then restarted my PC.

Downloaded Firefox again and reinstalled True Key and finally, I was able to see my logins! YEYYYY!!! 😚

Thank you again! I appreciate it a LOT!

Marcela

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community