Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfelgate
Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Truekey on Firefox stopped displaying my save logins but still works

Jump to solution

I am on Win 10 home with Firefox 79.0 (64-bit) and have had Truekey wokring fine for months. Now on Firefox my list of logins doesnt display anymore but the extension still seems to work. I can still see my safe notes too. The exension works find on Chrome.

I removed th extension, closed th browser and downloaded it again from the truekey web page with no luck.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 26

Re: Truekey on Firefox stopped displaying my save logins but still works

Jump to solution

Hi there,

As promised, we have looked into the issue you reported on this thead, we found the root cause that was due to a property we were calling that was phased out by Furefoz with their recent upgrade.

Good news, is that we are now validating our fix and we expect to release today and this should resolve the issue you both experienced with the empty launchpad.

Thanks a lot for your patience and for letting us know right away.

Marc D.

View solution in original post

25 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 26

Jump to solution

Good morning,

So if I understand correctly you are unable to see your logins launchpad where all the assets are stored correct? Can you please provide a screenshot of this  screen?

Also what is the Firefox True Key extension version you are running?

Thanks,

Marc D.

Gapster
Contributor III
Message 3 of 26

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  I believe this to be due to the new version of Firefox (79). The version of my extension (4.1.0.9260).

The issue is: All my saved logins are not present (see attached). I do have access to my safe notes. The problem started today but I know my firefox was updated yesterday.

I use Linux (Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS) and Windows 10 and the TrueKey extension doesn't work in either.

Also, TrueKey extension work fine in Chrome.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 26

Jump to solution

Hi there,

This is extremely helpful, I will validate the True Key extension for Firefox 79, I tried to update the Firefox browser version but i am still stuck at 78.1 so I guess it is a incremental update roll out Firefox is doing and I have not received it yet so I dont see the issue being reported as of now.

But from what both of you have reported, it is enough for me to look further into the Firefox extension to try to determine where the issue lays.

As soon as I have more details to share, i will make sure to do it on this thread.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Gapster
Contributor III
Message 5 of 26

Jump to solution

Excellent!  Please let me know if there's anyway I can help.

Thanks!

jfelgate
Contributor
Message 6 of 26

Jump to solution

TK extension is 4.1.0.9260

Screenshot attached

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 26

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Thanks for the information, we re looking into this  since yesterday, as soon as we have more details on what's going on I will get back to you both.

Thanks again,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 26

Jump to solution

Hi there,

As promised, we have looked into the issue you reported on this thead, we found the root cause that was due to a property we were calling that was phased out by Furefoz with their recent upgrade.

Good news, is that we are now validating our fix and we expect to release today and this should resolve the issue you both experienced with the empty launchpad.

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 26

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Marc D.

l0uisz
Contributor II
Message 10 of 26

Jump to solution

I was having the same issue! I was about to have a heart attack when I thought I lost all my logins LOL.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community