Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikkid
Former Member
Message 1 of 11

Truekey email

Jump to solution

I'm hoping someone can advise me on this.   I just discovered an email in my inbox telling me that Safekey was being discontinued to be replaced by Truekey, please click on this link and install the new system before Feb 11th [which I think is short notice as this is the first I've heard of this swap over].

I'm dubious of clicking on links I receive unexpectedly in emails having just recently had an issue with my bankcard being cloned and cash taken so I am very wary about clicking on any link I'm not familiar with - probably a bit too much so.  LOL.   However I'm wondering if someone could advise me about this - is it safe to do by clicking on the link sent through email, is it complicated to do? 

I have a lappy and desktop both on Security Scan Plus so would I need to add this to both bits of kit or just one.  I'm completely clueless about this sort of thing and I really don't want to be making any rash adjustments and making things worse.  

Incidentally, giving users just a few days notice of such a change seems rather short notice to me.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 11

Re: Truekey email

Jump to solution

By the way that letter has been enroute to clients for months, sorry it arrived so late at your address.

I just noticed this:  "I have a lappy and desktop both on Security Scan Plus"

Security Scan Plus is not an antivirus but merely a sales tool to advise you of security products you may need.

It comes as an optional extra with such things as Adobe - anything, uTorrent etc.

Please uninstall it.  (It will be listed in Control Panel > Programs and Features as 'McAfee Security Scan Plus').

If your questions have been answered can you please mark the thread as such.  Thank you. 😉

View solution in original post

10 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

I moved this to True Key.

Yes it's genuine, see the Announcement #2 at the top of this section or read the TS FAQ HERE.

---

Peter

Volunteer Moderator

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

By the way that letter has been enroute to clients for months, sorry it arrived so late at your address.

I just noticed this:  "I have a lappy and desktop both on Security Scan Plus"

Security Scan Plus is not an antivirus but merely a sales tool to advise you of security products you may need.

It comes as an optional extra with such things as Adobe - anything, uTorrent etc.

Please uninstall it.  (It will be listed in Control Panel > Programs and Features as 'McAfee Security Scan Plus').

If your questions have been answered can you please mark the thread as such.  Thank you. 😉

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

Please let know if you've been using Safekey - a Password Manager for saving and logging in on to your favorite websites (EOL Feb 11th). If Yes, you will need to migrate all your Passwords to the new Password Manager from IntelSecurity - TRUEKEY.

nibormac
Former Member
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

Interesting, I see the notices on this site now say the end of life for SafeKey is now March 1, 2016. Guess they realized giving some people two weeks notice (I received my first notice about the changeover January 28) was clearly not sufficient. Too late Intel Security, I've converted from SafeKey to LastPass already.

mrmallon
Former Member
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

I would like to get people's opinion on how they like True Key as compared to Safe Key.

Personally I feel Safe Key was a better product, laid out  better and had better features.

I'm not thrilled with True Key at all.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 11

Re: Re: Truekey email

Jump to solution

Hi

Please mark this thread answered if you feel 's reply answered your query.

letsdazzleu
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

I'm looking at Lastpass also. True key is not a product I would have bought yet now I am stuck with it and all its flaws.  How do you like Lastpass?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

Colleague Ex_Brit is indeed quite correct. Also there is no need for the Application 'McAfee Security Scan Plus', for reasons stated. Your McAfee 'Web Advisor' feature monitors your Anti-Virus/Protection as it is.

All the very Best,

CD/Catdaddy

Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution

letsdazzleu wrote:

I'm looking at Lastpass also. True key is not a product I would have bought yet now I am stuck with it and all its flaws.  How do you like Lastpass?

Please discuss rival products on their forums, if they have any.  Thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community