Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex68
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Truekey deleting a license

Jump to solution

hi there, I have McAfee LiveSafe subscription and I used TK in the past but was not satisfied compared to another paid service i used. Now I dont want to renew with this other service and came back to TK, set up a new profile, imported data etc. all worket almost fine. the older profile are still visible in my profile settings, but I cant access them with the masterpassword I (supposed) to know. Customer support here in Italy told me they can only delete the whole truekey license, non only a single profile/license but i'm not sure the guy did understand what I was asking for so I didn't go on. Now my question to the community or to some McAfee/Truekey  guy hopfully reading this: is it really not possible to delete a license paired with an email adress in TK? If I can add/remove protection to computers/mobile devices why should this be a problem add/remove licences to TK?

Thanks in advance,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex68
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Re: Truekey deleting a license

Jump to solution

thanks Marc for your answer. so if I'm right if I ask customer service to delete my 2 old accounts/profiles with the associated email adresses (wich of course are both different form the email I use now) I should have only 1 active account/profile left. And I presume the licenses in my LiveSafe profile should be 1 of 5 used again?

thank you, alex

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Alex,

Let me explain, the email address you use to log in to True Key is pretty much your account profile. We can therefore delete this account/email and this should remove any logins/ safe notes and wallet entries you have stored under the account.

Obviously, you can run a True Key account on many devices but deleting the account will remove it on all the devices.

Thanks,

Marc D.

alex68
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

thanks Marc for your answer. so if I'm right if I ask customer service to delete my 2 old accounts/profiles with the associated email adresses (wich of course are both different form the email I use now) I should have only 1 active account/profile left. And I presume the licenses in my LiveSafe profile should be 1 of 5 used again?

thank you, alex

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Alex in theory that is right, I have not seen the result yet if after the account deletion the available license is added under your MLS account but that should be the way it should work.

In any case, I would suggest before doing anything, to make sure to have backups for your data on the accounts you will be deleting, so in case anything goes wrong we can deal with the fact that the license has not being added (1 out of 5) on your MLS account, but at least all your data is safely backed up.

Marc D.

alex68
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

hi marc, sounds good. I already have a backup (exported csv) of all my data from the profile I use now. I don't care about data in the old profiles, they are just a part of the actual data before I gave up.... Could you deal with this or shall I contact customer service again?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Alex, unfortunately, is best that you contact the support again but at least now it is clear what you need to ask. Let me know if you need anything else.

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community