Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Truekey Security features

Jump to solution

Truekey offers 256 bit encrypted storage for data which is industry standard. No complaints there.

But I don't understand the reason as to why 2fa options for signing in is simply based on either the trusted device if not then a confirmation mail is send to the regsitered email address. What if the email is compromised already. And the master password is also compromised with infostealers or keyloggers. Atleast for the users who are logging into Truekey McAfee should provide 2fa via authenticator based apps or 2fa with email and sms based otp over mobile number. This last approach would be similar to signing McAfee account via otp. 

Its just not feel much safe as Truekey works independently. Normally all AVs which provide a password manager service would first require to sign in into their accounts which is usually secure as users might have 2fa setup for their accounts and then the master password is asked. So even if a master password is compromised one have to log into account first which is not easy due to 2fa setup by the user and the account have a different password. @cyberdude  what's your take on this? I really wanted to know your opinion in this matter. If you agree with my points then please raise this request to @CraigSchmugar personally.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigSchmugar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Re: Truekey Security features

Jump to solution

Your suggestion is duly noted. I have filed this improvement request with the True Key team.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello @The_Eagle_007 

Good posting from your end.

Currently i am not using a Password Manager in general myself.  too many times i am seeing profiles hacked from popular ones used.

besides the security issues also server downtimes and stability issues are for me a reason not to sign up for it for now.

however, your points described in your message sounds very sollid to me to raise the security level for Truekey.

shall pm Craig for attention to this message.

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

@krishna55 please let @CraigSchmugar know about this issue.

CraigSchmugar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Your suggestion is duly noted. I have filed this improvement request with the True Key team.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community